|Public Act 094-0332
||LRB094 05712 DRH 35764 b
AN ACT concerning transportation.
Be it enacted by the People of the State of Illinois,
represented in the General Assembly:
The Renter's Financial Responsibility and
Protection Act is amended by changing Section 15 as follows:
(625 ILCS 27/15)
(a) A rental company may not sell a damage waiver unless
the renter agrees
to the damage waiver in writing at or prior
to the time the rental agreement
(b) A rental company may not void a damage waiver except
for one or more of
the following reasons:
(1) Damage or loss while the rental vehicle is used to
carry persons or
property for a charge or fee.
(2) Damage or loss during an organized or agreed upon
racing or speed
contest or demonstration or pushing or
pulling activity in which the rental
vehicle is actively
(3) Damage or loss that could reasonably be expected
from an intentional
or criminal act of the driver other
than a traffic infraction.
(4) Damage or loss to any rental vehicle resulting from
any auto business
operation, including but not limited to
repairing, servicing, testing, washing,
or selling of automobiles.
(5) Damage or loss occurring to a rental vehicle if the
rental contract is
based on fraudulent or material
misrepresentation by the renter.
(6) Damage or loss arising out of the use of the rental
the continental United States when such use
is specifically prohibited in the
(7) Damage or loss occurring while the rental vehicle