|Public Act 094-0479
||LRB094 07726 NHT 37903 b
AN ACT concerning education.
Be it enacted by the People of the State of Illinois,
represented in the General Assembly:
The Southern Illinois University Management Act
is amended by adding Section 8i as follows:
(110 ILCS 520/8i new)
Vince Demuzio Governmental Internship Program.
(a) The president of the University, in consultation with
the Board, shall establish a governmental internship program
consisting of up to 30 governmental interns allocated between
the Carbondale and Edwardsville campuses.
(b) In order to be eligible under the program, a person
must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student during
the entirety of his or her participation in the program.
(c) The following shall be the goals of the program:
(1) To attract highly motivated students into the
(2) To provide students with a broad overview of State
(3) To offer students a unique hands-on experience.
(4) To provide students with a personal look into the
budgetary, legislative, and programmatic areas of State
(5) To provide students with a unique opportunity to
learn about and to advance into public service careers,
including policy-making positions in government.
(6) To offer a governmental experience to meet the
public sector's future need for competent administrators.
(7) To provide a public sector internship that
encourages talented college graduates to consider careers
in State government.
(8) To enable college graduates to supplement their