|Public Act 094-0731
||LRB094 16194 HLH 51437 b
AN ACT concerning local government.
Be it enacted by the People of the State of Illinois,
represented in the General Assembly:
The Illinois Municipal Code is amended by
changing Section 11-119.2-3 as follows:
(65 ILCS 5/11-119.2-3)
(from Ch. 24, par. 11-119.2-3)
The following terms whenever used or
referred to in
this Division, shall have the following meanings
unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) "Agency agreement" means the written agreement between
2 or more municipalities
establishing a municipal natural gas
(2) "Bonds" means revenue bonds, notes and other evidences
of a municipal natural gas agency issued under
the provisions of this Division.
(3) "Eligible utility" means a public agency or other
entity of any type,
which owns, operates or controls any plant
or equipment for the exploration,
storage, transmission or distribution
of natural gas in
with the furnishing thereof for sale or resale.
(4) "Governing body" means, with respect to a municipality,
city council, board of trustees, or other
corporate authority of the municipality
which exercises the
general governmental powers of such municipality.
(5) "Municipal natural gas agency" means a body politic and
corporation and unit of local government
of the State of Illinois organized
in accordance with the
provisions of this Division.
(6) "Municipality" means a city, village or incorporated
town in the State
, or any other state in the United
owning or operating a natural gas plant or system which
furnishes natural gas service to the public.