|Public Act 094-0864
||LRB094 17996 DRJ 53299 b
AN ACT concerning aging.
Be it enacted by the People of the State of Illinois,
represented in the General Assembly:
The Community Senior Services and Resources Act
is amended by changing Section 25 as follows:
(320 ILCS 60/25)
Community senior services and resource center
(a) On and after January 1, 2005, the Department may award
grants under this
Act. It is
the General Assembly's intent that
grants awarded under this Act shall be made
the availability and level of appropriations made for this
(b) A center must meet the following criteria to be
eligible to receive a
grant under this Section:
(1) It must be a non-profit agency or a unit of local
(2) It must be housed in a building or portion of a
building that includes
for group activities offered
to the community at large.
(3) It must be open 5 or more days each week, 7 or more
hours per day.
(4) It must employ paid staff.
(5) It must offer 5 or more home or community-based
services to the
community at large on a daily basis.
(6) A majority of the participants in the center's
programs must be
family members of seniors.
(c) A center must apply for a grant in the manner
prescribed by the
Department. At a minimum, the application
must do the following:
(1) Describe the services offered by the center.
(2) Identify the special needs of the center and how