|Public Act 095-0704
||LRB095 05392 JAM 25481 b
AN ACT concerning government.
Be it enacted by the People of the State of Illinois,
represented in the General Assembly:
The Supreme Court Historic Preservation Act is
amended by changing Section 10 as follows:
(705 ILCS 17/10)
Supreme Court Historic Preservation Commission;
creation; commissioners; appointments; terms; compensation.
(a) The Supreme Court Historic Preservation Commission is
created within the Judicial Branch of State government.
(b) The Commission consists of 9 commissioners as follows:
(1) the Administrative Director of the Illinois Courts
shall serve as a commissioner ex officio;
(2) Two commissioners appointed by the Court, one of
whom shall be designated as the chairperson of the
Commission upon appointment;
(3) Two commissioners appointed by the Governor;
(4) Two commissioners appointed by the President of the
Senate, one of whom may not belong to the same political
party as the President; and
(5) Two commissioners appointed by the Speaker of the
House of Representatives, one of whom may not belong to the
same political party as the Speaker.