(3) one member shall be appointed by the Minority
Leader of the House of Representatives;
(4) one member shall be appointed by the Minority
Leader of the Senate;
(5) one member shall be the Chairperson of the Illinois
Commerce Commission, or his or her designee; and
(5) 5 members shall be appointed by the Governor.
(c) The appointments made by the Governor shall include one
member with legal expertise, one member with engineering
expertise, one member with financial expertise, one member
representing the employer community, and one member
representing the environmental community.
(d) The Director may retain services from outside parties
with legal, engineering, and financial expertise to assist the
Commission in carrying out its duties.
(e) The Illinois Commerce Commission may assist the
Director in staffing and administering the Commission.
(f) Commission members are not eligible to receive
compensation or reimbursement of expenses.
Report on carbon capture and sequestration
(a) The Commission shall file a report no later than
December 31, 2010 with the General Assembly on all issues
deemed appropriate to carbon capture and sequestration
legislation, including, but not limited to, the following:
(1) Ownership of the CO
(2) Liability for release of CO
(3) Acquisition and ownership of pore space.
(4) Procedures and safeguards for the transportation
and sequestration of CO
(5) Methodology to establish any necessary fees,
costs, or offsets.
(6) Potential use of CO
(7) Construction of pipelines.
(8) Coordination with applicable federal law or
(b) The Commission shall be abolished upon filing its
report with the General Assembly.
This Act is repealed on January 1,
This Act takes effect upon