Public Act 098-0207
Public Act 0207 98TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
|Public Act 098-0207|
|HB1233 Enrolled||LRB098 07479 DRJ 37550 b|
AN ACT concerning regulation.
Be it enacted by the People of the State of Illinois,
represented in the General Assembly:
The Hospice Program Licensing Act is amended by
changing Section 9 as follows:
(210 ILCS 60/9)
(from Ch. 111 1/2, par. 6109)
The Department shall prescribe, by
minimum standards for licensed hospice programs.
The standards for all hospice programs shall
but not be limited to, the following:
(2) The number and qualifications of persons providing
(3) The qualifications of those persons contracted
with to provide
(4) The palliative and supportive care and bereavement
to a hospice patient and his family.
(5) Hospice services provided on an inpatient basis.
(6) Utilization review of patient care.
(7) The quality of care provided to patients.
(8) Procedures for the accurate and centralized
maintenance of records
on hospice services provided to
patients and their families.
(9) The use of volunteers in the hospice program, and
the training of
(10) The rights of the patient and the patient's
(c) The standards for hospices owning or operating hospice
shall address the following:
(1) The safety, cleanliness, and general adequacy of
including provision for maintenance of fire
and health standards that conform
to State laws and
municipal codes, to provide for the physical comfort,
well-being, care, and protection of the residents.
(2) Provisions and criteria for admission, discharge,
and transfer of
(3) Fee and other contractual agreements with
(4) Medical and supportive services for residents.
(5) Maintenance of records and residents' right of
access of those
(6) Procedures for reporting abuse or neglect of
(7) The number of persons who may be served in a
residence, which shall
not exceed 16 persons per location.
(8) The ownership, operation, and maintenance of
buildings containing a
(9) The number of licensed hospice residences
exceed 6 before December
31, 1996 and shall not exceed 12
before December 31, 1997. The Department
shall conduct a
study of the benefits of hospice residences and make a
recommendation to the General Assembly as to the need to
limit the number of
hospice residences after June 30, 1997.
On and after the effective date of this amendatory Act
of the 98th General Assembly, the number of licensed
shall not exceed the following:
(A) Five hospice residences located in counties
with a population of 700,000 or more.
(B) Five hospice residences located in counties
with a population of 200,000 or more but less than
(C) Five hospice residences located in counties
with a population of less than 200,000.
In developing the standards for hospices, the
Department shall take
into consideration the category of the
(Source: P.A. 94-570, eff. 8-12-05.)
This Act takes effect upon
Effective Date: 8/9/2013