|Public Act 102-0628|
|SB1833 Enrolled||LRB102 16583 RJF 21980 b|
AN ACT concerning State government.
Be it enacted by the People of the State of Illinois,
represented in the General Assembly:
The Department of Commerce and Economic
Opportunity Law of the
Civil Administrative Code of Illinois
is amended by adding Section 605-1057 as follows:
(20 ILCS 605/605-1057 new)
State-designated cultural districts.
(a) As used in this Section, "State-designated cultural
district" means a geographical area certified under this
Section that has a distinct, historic, and cultural identity.
Municipalities or 501(c)(3) organizations working on behalf of
a certified geographical area should seek to:
(1) Promote a distinct historic and cultural
(2) Encourage economic development and supports
entrepreneurship in the geographic area and community.
(3) Encourage the preservation and development of
historic and culturally significant structures,
traditions, and languages.
(4) Foster local cultural development and education.
(5) Provide a focal point for celebrating and
strengthening the unique cultural identity of the