Updating the database of the Illinois Compiled Statutes (ILCS) is an ongoing process.
Recent laws may not yet be included in the ILCS database, but they are found on this site as Public
soon after they become law. For information concerning the relationship between statutes and Public Acts, refer to the
Because the statute database is maintained primarily for legislative drafting purposes,
statutory changes are sometimes included in the statute database before they take effect.
If the source note at the end of a Section of the statutes includes a Public Act that has
not yet taken effect, the version of the law that is currently in effect may have already
been removed from the database and you should refer to that Public Act to see the changes
made to the current law.
(20 ILCS 2605/2605-300)
(was 20 ILCS 2605/55a in part)
Records; crime laboratories; personnel.
(1) Be a central repository and custodian of criminal
statistics for the State.
(2) Be a central repository for criminal history
(3) Procure and file for record information that is
necessary and helpful to plan programs of crime prevention, law enforcement, and criminal justice.
(4) Procure and file for record copies of
fingerprints that may be required by law.
(5) Establish general and field
(6) Register and file for record information that may
be required by law for the issuance of firearm owner's identification cards under the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act and concealed carry licenses under the Firearm Concealed Carry Act.
(7) Employ laboratory technicians and other specially
qualified persons to aid in the identification of criminal activity, and may employ polygraph operators.
(8) Undertake other identification, information,
laboratory, statistical, or registration activities that may be required by law.
(Source: P.A. 98-63, eff. 7-9-13; 99-801, eff. 1-1-17